Extent of your coverage.
This policy provides cover for damage caused by:
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion with normally developed genitalia
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an accident
Compensation for damages.
We pay the following compensation:
- 100% of the insured value in the event of acute death, or emergency slaughter as a result of an acute illness or an accident
- 90% of the insured value in the event of permanent incapacity due to an accident
The premium is calculated as a percentage of the insured value of your horse.
The table below shows the annual premiums, excluding costs and insurance tax. Use our calculation tool to work out your individual premium.
|Horse / Pony||4.25%|
From the year in which the horse reaches the age of 16, a premium surcharge of 0,5% per year applies. The minimum premium is € 50 per year. If the insured value exceeds € 100,000, we offer a premium rate on request. Request a quotation here.
Applications for this insurance policy require:
- for insured values up to € 100,000, a fully completed and signed application form and a medical certificate or clinical examination
- for insured values from € 100,000, acceptance requirements on request
Conditions & insurance card.
(Not for trotters / racehorses)