Contents of this page
Extent of your coverage.
This policy provides cover for damage caused by:
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of the castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion with normally developed genitalia
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an accident
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an illness
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of lameness
- permanent infertility of the mare after premature birth or rejection of a foal as a direct result of illness or accident
Compensation for damages.
We pay the following compensation:
- 100% of the insured value in the event of death, or emergency slaughter, or cremation as a result of an acute illness, accident or the castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion
- 90% of the insured value in the event of permanent incapacity due to accident, illness, lameness or permanent infertility
The premium is calculated as a percentage of the insured value of your horse.
The table below shows the annual premiums, excluding costs and insurance tax. Use our calculation tool to work out your individual premium.
|horse / pony up to and including € 2.000,-||7.00%|
|€ 2.001,- up to and including € 4.000,-||8.00%|
|€ 4.001,- up to and including € 6.000,-||8.50%|
|€ 6.001,- up to and including € 8.000,-||9.00%|
|€ 8.001,- up to and including € 10.000,-||9.50%|
|€ 10.001-, up to and including € 50.000,-||10.00%|
|insured value above € 50.000,-||On request|
From the year in which the horse reaches the age of 16, a premium surcharge of 1% per year applies. The minimum premium is € 50 per year. If the insured value exceeds € 50,000 (€ 8,500 for draught horses) we offer a premium rate on request. Request a quotation here.
Applications for this insurance policy require:
- for insured values up to € 5,000, a fully completed and signed application form and clinical examination
- for insured values from € 5,001 through € 50,000, a fully completed and signed application form and a clinical examination with a full set of X-rays
- for insured values from € 50,000, acceptance requirements on request
Conditions & insurance card.
(Not for trotters / racehorses)