Contents of this page
Extent of your coverage.
This policy provides cover for damage caused by:
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of the castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion with normally developed genitalia
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an accident
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an illness
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of lameness
- permanent infertility of the mare after premature birth or rejection of a foal as a direct result of illness or accident
Compensation for damages.
We pay the following compensation:
- 100% of the insured value in the event of death, or emergency slaughter, or cremation as a result of an acute illness, accident or the castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion
- 90% of the insured value in the event of permanent incapacity due to accident, illness, lameness or permanent infertility
The premium is calculated as a percentage of the insured value of your horse.
The table below shows the annual premiums, excluding costs and insurance tax. Use our calculation tool to work out your individual premium.
|Horse type||Horse / Pony||Draft horse|
|insured value up to and including € 2,500||6.50%||8.75%|
|€ 2.501,- up to and including € 3.500,-||7.50%||10.00%|
|€ 3.501,- up to and including € 6.000,-||8.00%||10.75%|
|€ 6.001,- up to and including € 7.500,-||8.50%||11.50%|
|€ 7.501,- up to and including € 8.500,-||9.00%||12.00%|
|€ 8.501,- up to and including € 10.000,-||9.50%||On request|
|€ 10.001-, up to and including € 50.000,-||10.00%||On request|
|insured value above € 50,000||On request||On request|
From the year in which the horse reaches the age of 15, a premium surcharge of 1% per year applies. The minimum premium is € 30 per year. If the insured value exceeds € 50,000 (€ 8,500 for draught horses) we offer a premium rate on request. Request a quotation here.
Applications for this insurance policy require:
- for insured values up to € 5,000, a fully completed and signed application form and clinical examination
- for insured values from € 5,001 through € 50,000, a fully completed and signed application form and a clinical examination with a full set of X-rays
- for insured values from € 50,000, acceptance requirements on request
Conditions & insurance card.
(Not for trotters / racehorses)