Contents of this page
Extent of your coverage.
This policy provides cover for damage caused by:
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident
- death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of the castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion with normally developed genitals
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an accident
- permanent incapacity as a direct result of an illness
- permanent infertility of the mare after premature birth or rejection of a foal as a direct result of illness or accident
Note! This insurance does not cover permanent incapacity due to lameness!
We pay the following compensation:
- 100% of the insured value in the event of death or emergency slaughter as a result of an acute illness, accident or castration of a 1- or 2-year-old stallion.
- 90% of the insured value in case of permanent disability due to an accident, illness, permanent infertility.
The premium is calculated as a percentage of the insured value of your horse.
The table below shows the annual premiums, excluding costs and insurance tax. Use our calculation tool to work out your individual premium.
|Horse type||Horse / Pony||Draft horse|
|% of the insured value||5.00%||6.75%|
From the year in which the horse reaches the age of 15, a premium surcharge of 1% per year applies. The minimum premium is € 30 per year. If the insured value exceeds € 50,000, we offer a premium rate on request. Request a quotation here.
Applications for this insurance policy require:
- for insured values up to € 25,000, a fully completed and signed application form and a medical certificate or clinical examination
- for insured values from € 25,001 through € 100,000, a fully completed and signed application form and a clinical examination
- for insured values from € 100,000, acceptance requirements on request
Conditions & insurance card.
(Not for trotters / racehorses)